2.29.2012

my seeeester

First let me say, my sister is going to kill me for posting this picture. JILL BETTER PICTURES TO COME LATER IN THIS POST, I swear. Okay, so this picture: my mom (back), my sister Jill, and that cute as shit little tyke with the mullet-- that's me. The three musketeers. (Well, there's my dad too, but that's another post for another day.)
So March 1st is my dear old sisters birthday and I figured what better way to wish her a happy birthday than to do so publicly on the old blog.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILLYBEAN!!!
Growing up, Jill was like a second mommy to me. Whenever I was sick in the middle of the night, it was Jill I woke up. And it was Jill who put me back to bed. But me and my sister, we're as opposite as they come. I'm a little rough around the edges at time and she is quite honestly so very lovely. We were always different, but one thing we always had in common was our crazy family. At the end of the day, no one understands your home life like your sibling(s). It was always a meeting point for us. Sometimes Jill had a hard time accepting why I had to do absolutely everything wrong before I could do it right and I could never understand why the hell Jill would ever dedicate all the time in the world to helping everyone but herself (seriously, she was a missionary for a long period of time, and in a way she still is).







When Jill was doing things like this (loving people w her giant heart) <----

I was doing things like this (getting cheesy tattoos)  ---->








But despite our differences we could always talk about why mom did this and why dad didn't do that and how much we love The Wonder Years. My sister is sweet and kind and selfless and all the things I've never been good at being. And I wish her the most happiest birthday yet!
My sister quotes Bible verses, and I quote books. So, Jill this one's for you:

But the wild things cried, “Oh please don't go- We'll eat you up- we love you so!”
  -Maurice Sendak,  

Where the Wild Things Are 

Love you Jill!
- Julie 

2 comments:

  1. How sweet ;)You both may be as opposite as they come but either one of you would give their right arm if asked. Love you both, Mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! It really means a lot to me! I love you and would still do anything for you in a heartbeat! I am so excited for all that is in store for you! I love you Jules!!!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete