9.12.2011

in·spi·ra·tion

So this thing that manifested out of my brain, this book I wrote.
For me this book started a long time ago, before I even knew it was a book.
I'm not going to do a whole lot of talking about the book just yet, mainly because it's not really a book. It's still just this Word doc saved on my computer. Anyways I did want to share some of the things that inspired me to get all of this out of my head and on to paper.

So PostSecret is amazing. Every postcard has its own story just begging to be unraveled. The site is updated every Sunday with new secrets. If you've never heard of it check it. PostSecret is  undoubtedly one of the most amazing communities I've ever come across.

















This song, THIS SONG you guys. Home by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zero. I listened to this song on repeat for hours at a time.

And lastly, Devil Town by Bright Eyes (I think it's originally by someone else, but this is the version I prefer.) When I heard this song, I said to myself I HAVE TO WRITE THIS BOOK. For me this song, completely created my setting. In fact I practically built my setting around this song. Pretty damn cool.

 

 So that's all I've got for now. If you haven't read my last post you should, because all this business will make a hell of alot more sense.
-j

No comments:

Post a Comment