7.16.2011

Reading Mix Tape

I haven't posted in ages. So geez get off my back. I know you're all waiting with bated breath for my next review. My brains been elsewhere.
Anyways, here I am and review-less at that. Several people have asked me if I've got a list of my recommended reads. Yesterday the answer was no, but lucky for you- today the answer is YES! I've taken sometime to compile my little reading mix tape. My favorites... sort of... I'm going to try to avoid any major literature staples. I mean Brave New World, The Awakening, Animal Farm, Great Expectations, The Decameron... those pieces (amongst others) go without being said. So this is my unabashed favorites list.. it includes zombies, chick lit, sensitive vampires, dead body sensing teenagers, gay football players, angry marines, and sex ed teachers. I would like to think there's something for everyone. In no specific order....
1. DUFF by Kody Keplinger
2. Fade/Wake/Gone Series by Lisa McMann (3rd book is a little lacking but still great)
3. Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
4. Divergent by Veronica Roth
5. Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin (There's a Japanese movie adaptation, but haven't been able to find it?)
6. Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling (no brainer)
7. God Shaped Hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo
8. The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead
9. The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare (4 of 6 books have been released)
10. Little Children by Tom Perotta
11. Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist
12. The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer (proudly)
13. The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins
14. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephenie Perkins
15. Perfect Chemistry Series by Simone Elkeles (2 of 3 books are out)
16. Going too Far by Jennifer Echols
17. Election by Tom Perotta
18. In the Woods by Tana French (I haven't read the others in this series but I hear good things)
19. The Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson
20. Prep by Curtis Sittenfield
21. Nothing by Janne Teller
22. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro (absolutely haunting)
23. Shopgirl by Steve Martin
24. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
25. The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perotta (Can you tell I'm a HUGE Perotta fan?)
26. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
27. The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
28. Into the Wild by John Krakauer

Luckily for you... I'll be sporadically adding to this list.
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment